Current Job Announcements
We are seeking a Homeownership Counselor to join our customer service-focused Homeownership team and provide resources and assistance to new and ongoing customers looking to buy their first homes. The counselor will conduct intake sessions with new customers, assess their financial readiness to buy a home, educate them about the homebuying process and financing options, and develop homebuyer action plans tailored to each customer’s needs. Our ideal candidate will have strong customer service skills, experience working with a diverse range of customers, mortgage financing knowledge, and experience with customer management systems.
Core duties include but are not limited to:
- Teaching homebuyer education workshops and representing HomeSight at community events as needed, may occur outside of typical business days and hours
- Conducting one-to-one intake sessions with new homebuyer customers.
- Reviewing customers’ finances and credit profiles, assessing their readiness to purchase, and developing individualized customer action plans.
- Helping customers understand and navigate the home buying process, including their rights and responsibilities, and how to obtain mortgage financing.
- Providing excellent and timely ongoing service to customers working their way toward homeownership.
- Maintaining accurate and timely file management and data records using our customer management system.
- At least one (1) year work experience and/or coursework in financial counseling, financial sustainability programs, or home mortgage lending preferred.
- Strong math and calculation skills.
- Ability to work with, learn and understand mortgage math and concepts for client assessment.
- Experience with teaching individuals and groups, desired.
- Experience serving and working with a diverse customer base.
- Effective communications skills and commitment to providing excellent customer service.
- English language proficiency, second language skills in Spanish or Vietnamese desired.
- Expected to obtain ongoing training and certification in housing counseling, federal and state lending regulatory and compliance requirements, requires some periodic travel for training at company expense.
- Detail oriented, organized, and has strong file management skills and practices.
- Experience with customer management systems and willingness to learn new ones.
- Working knowledge of MS Office programs.
- Some flexibility as to working hours which may include overtime and/or work outside of normal business hours with plenty of notice.
Salary and benefits:
This is a full-time position located in Seattle. Salary will be based on experience. HomeSight provides health insurance and retirement benefits.
Kindly provide a cover letter, resume, and salary requirement by 11:59 p.m. on January 31, 2017 to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
HomeSight is a non-profit community development corporation promoting social and economic equity to preserve and enhance economically and culturally diverse communities through affordable homeownership, business development, and community advocacy. We develop affordable housing, provide first-time homebuyer education and counseling, and make loans to qualified buyers. We work closely with resident and business groups in Southeast Seattle to foster equitable economic development.