Current Job Announcements
Loan Assistant Job Announcement
HomeSight is a non-profit community development corporation committed to building strong, vibrant communities through homeownership, economic development, and neighborhood revitalization. We develop affordable housing, provide first-time homebuyer education and counseling, and make first mortgage and down payment loans to qualified buyers. We work closely with resident and business groups in Southeast Seattle to foster equitable economic development.
We are seeking a Loan Assistant. Our business has grown substantially over the last two years and we are now in a position to add to our team to ensure our continued growth. This position will support the Loan Officer and Loan Processor positions with the duties listed below and others as assigned or needed. This is a fast paced role that will provide the right candidate with the opportunity to grow and develop their mortgage skills while becoming an integral part of our operations.
Our ideal candidate will have experience/familiarity with mortgage applications and terminology, typical documentation required for the application process, experience with Calyx Pointe and Microsoft Office products, experience with document conversion to PDF’s, ability to learn new software systems quickly, and excellent customer service skills while interacting with customers and team members via phone, email, and in person. While the skills listed above are ideal they are not all necessary to be successful at HomeSight. We firmly believe that the right candidate who brings the most necessary of skills can learn and grow while on the job.
Core duties include but are not limited to:
- Track key dates of transaction
- Maintain customer contact to ensure follow-up of loan application
- Enter loan/loans into loan origination system and verify completeness of customer data
- Provide administrative support in the collection and preparation of submitting loan application with supporting documentation to processing
- Send and collect initial applications, disclosures and supporting documentation from customer for completion and signatures
- Assist from origination through underwriting to facilitate the loan application process
- Prepare and submit loan application to processing, resolve file issues, conversations with customers, vendors and referral partners
Provide Loan Officer Support:
- Act as a supporting point of contact for the customer for origination and processing, and keep the customer informed throughout the process
- Obtain an accurate and complete initial loan application for the Loan Officer to create the loan file
- Collect supporting documentation from the customer
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- 1 year of experience working with mortgage/lending documentation, collecting and assessing financial documentation for guideline requirements, and direct customer interaction (a combination of the skill sets listed above is most desirable)
- Works with a strong sense of urgency and responsiveness
- Passionate about delivering excellence in customer service
- Demonstrated patience and professionalism when interacting with both internal and external customers
- Proficiency with data entry, PDF software programs, Microsoft Word, and Excel required
- Basic math skills
- Ethical, with a commitment to company values
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills are essential
- Strong attention to detail and good organization skills required
- Ability to problem solve and prioritize work load
- Some flexibility as to working hours which may include overtime and/or work outside of normal business hours at times
- Desire to be part of a team environment and go the extra mile when needed
- Recent experience with Calyx Pointe
- Some knowledge of mortgage lending policies, procedures and regulations is helpful
- Spanish speaking
- Motivated learner who desires to expand and grow their career opportunities in a lending environment
Kindly provide a cover letter, resume and salary requirement by 6/30/2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls please.
HomeSight is a non-profit community development corporation promoting social and economic equity to preserve and enhance economically and culturally diverse communities through affordable homeownership, business development, and community advocacy. We develop affordable housing, provide first-time homebuyer education and counseling, and make loans to qualified buyers. We work closely with resident and business groups in Southeast Seattle to foster equitable economic development.