More Resources & Agencies
NeighborWorks® Center for Homeownership Education and Counseling (NCHEC), in partnership with E*Trade Financial, has made available an exciting and highly useful new tool – one that will assist you in obtaining homeownership. It is based on the nationally recognized curriculum Realizing the American Dream, Keys to My Home www.keystomyhome.org, is a web-based package of calculators, learning modules, and comparison tools. It is easy to use, clearly designed, and best of all it is completely free.
Homebuyer Purchase Assistance
- Freddie Mac® www.freddiemac.com
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) www.hud.gov/buying
- WA State Housing Finance Commission (800) 767-HOME (4663) www.wshfc.org/
- HomeChoice Program (206) 287-4413 www.wshfc.org/buyers/homechoice.htm – The HomeChoice Program provides assistance to qualified people who have a disability or have a family member with a disability living with them. Visit the HomeChoice Program website for more information.
Mortgage Default Counseling Agencies
- Solid Ground (206) 694-6700 www.solid-ground.org – Mortgage default and foreclosure prevention.
- Washington Homeownership Resource Center 1-877-894-4663 www.homeownership-wa.org – Statewide hotline for assistance in foreclosure prevention
- Washington Homeownership Resource Center 1-877-894-4663 www.homeownership-wa.org – Information hotline for first-time buyers.
Tenant Financial Assistance
- Mutual Interest (206) 841-5305 – Security deposits for low-income tenants.
- King County Housing Stability Project (206) 461-3200 – Makes one-time loans and/or grants to home owners and tenants in danger of eviction or foreclosure because of short-term financial difficulties.
Help For Seniors
- Senior Services of Seattle/King County (206) 448-5757 www.seniorservices.org – Resources and referrals for seniors.
- Homesharing Program (206) 448-5725 – Matches seniors with renters to share their homes.
- Seattle Housing Authority Senior Housing (206) 615-3300 www.seattlehousing.org/housing/senior/ – Public housing for low income seniors.