Current Job Openings
Human Resources & Communications Assistant
Reports to: Director of Human Resources/IT & the Manager of Communications & Marketing
Classification: Full-time – Non 0Exempt
Compensation: $22.50 to $24.00 per hour DOE
Benefits: 100% paid Health, Dental, Vision Insurance; 403B Retirement Plan, Life Insurance and Long-term Disability Insurance.
10 days of annual vacation accrual, 13 paid holidays, 2 personal days, and paid sick leave.
We are seeking an will provide administrative support to the organization specific to Human Resources, Information Technology and Marketing and Communications. The ideal candidate for this position will possess strong administrative skills; will be a resourceful, organized team player with the ability to multi- task and a strong desire to work in a culturally diverse mission driven organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Administrative and Information Technology Duties
- Receives and/or sort and distribute incoming mail, packages, and faxes. Prepare envelopes and packages for mailing or shipping.
- Performs a wide variety of general clerical assignments sometimes confidential; this may include data entry, drafting of letters, reports, and other materials.
- Maintains office supplies inventory; anticipates needed supplies, verify receipt of supplies; research deals or suppliers, and place service calls for office equipment.
- Maintains inventory of computers, printers, software licenses, and act as point of contact for IT consultants to schedule regular updates.
Human Resources Related Duties
- Performs HR related clerical duties such as filing, assisting in the recruiting, and onboarding process, managing the employee directory, and coordinating employee recognition programs.
- Works with the Director of HR to create and will maintain an internal communication site utilizing Microsoft Teams.
- Is responsible for the maintenance of employment files, performs data entry ensuring systems containing employment and/or benefit-related data is accurate.
- Assists with recruitment process, including placing ads, scheduling interviews, conducting reference checks, and generating offer letters.
- Ensures Human Resources Data is updated and accurate prior to payroll being processed.
- Ensures that all I-9’s are filed separately and are valid.
- Provides employment verifications when necessary.
- Completes DOL and/ or unemployment paperwork when required and is timely and responsive.
- Completes new hire checklist and termination checklist, as necessary.
- Adds new employees to the Benefits plans and removes employees from benefit plans when appropriate.
Marketing and Communication Duties
- Creates culturally relevant outreach and presentation materials.
- Manages social media channels and respond to postings as warranted.
- Will publicize the work of the organization and its partners through the management of social media channels.
- Write, edit, and/or proof-read print, electronic, and social media communications.
- Will be the primary point of contact for website changes and additions.
- Will utilize email marketing tools to create newsletters and share blog content.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Ability to maintain high confidentiality and strong adherence to the practice of business ethics.
- Ability to effectively work with all levels of employees.
- Ability to work in an organized manner and with attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Strong customer services orientation.
- Proficient using MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Ability to communicate effectively and provide excellent customer service in person, in writing and on the phone.
- Knowledge and interest in social media communications.
- High School Diploma
- 1 – 2 years of related experience (including internships)
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Word, Outlook, and other Microsoft Office programs.
- Client and business focused.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to develop and sustain cooperative working relationships and conduct activities with a professional presence.
- Successful in managing multiple tasks and competing priorities, able to allocate time effectively to meet deadlines.
- Shows tact, diplomacy, and discretion in handling information of confidential and/or sensitive nature.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working in and utilizing Microsoft Teams preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with emphasis on Human Resources, Business or Communications preferred.
- HRIS knowledge an asset.
- This position primarily works Monday – Friday, 9:00 – 5:30 additional hours may be required as needed. This position will be primarily on site at our Rainier office with limited opportunity to work remotely.
Please submit resume and one-page cover letter to email@example.com.
Donor Relationship Manager
Reports to: Director of Resource Development
Classification: Full-time – Exempt
Compensation: $62,000 to $65,000 DOE
The Donor Relationship Manager position is an externally facing role and strategic and thought partner with the Director of Resource Development in planning and delivering on HomeSight’s resource development goals and objectives. Specifically, developing strategies that engage diverse donors by creating compelling communications across media and collaborating with the communications team to tell a compelling story that inspires partners and attracts donors is a crucial aspect of the job.
Through these efforts, HomeSight will increase and retain more donors concentrating on growing contributed revenue from individual, corporate, and private philanthropy. The Donor Relationship Manager will create the foundation for an annual campaign, navigating our entry into major community events like Give Big and Giving Tuesday and leading the virtual anniversary gala and other events moving forward.
The Donor Relations Manager must maintain knowledge of the mission, goals of the community, HomeSight lines of business and formulate this information in a convincing way for donors or partners, both verbally and in writing.
A successful candidate will possess:
- Ability to convey high commitment and passion for mission of HomeSight.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to plan, prioritize and coordinate multiple tasks.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills effective with a diverse range of audiences including board members, volunteers, internal staff, donors, executives, potential funding partners and all constituencies.
- Functional knowledge of local employers, education institutions, governmental agencies, and nonprofits specifically those within the Puget Sound region.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to gather, analyze, and evaluate a variety of data.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILIITES:
The Donor Relationship Manager works with donors of every type from individual, corporate and foundation partners to achieve our fundraising goals in collaboration with the Director of Resource Development.
- Planning – as part of the RD team develops a yearly strategy and plan of work and responsible for monitoring and reporting on this progress.
- Donor prospecting and cultivation – collaborates with Director of Resource Development to create donor campaigns and year-round engagement strategies to retain current and attract new donors to achieve fundraising goals.
- Prospects and qualifies new corporate donors focusing on their social responsibility and/or workplace giving objectives. Learn and use iWave prospecting platform to research donor giving history.
- Periodically write grant proposals within your portfolio (corporate and private foundation) of accounts to meet your fundraising goals and provide grant writing support during times of overlapping deadlines.
- Communications –create fundraising collateral that effectively tells the HomeSight story, including informational pieces (digital and print), web site, social media, thank you letters, etc.
- Event planning – partner with the HomeSight Communication’s Manager, Executive Assistant, board members and a consultant to plan this year’s 30th Anniversary Virtual Gala and being the lead on Give Big (2022) and Giving Tuesday (2021).
- Board and committee engagement – provides staff support, along with Director of Resource Development for the Fundraising Committee
Donor Database and Reporting
The Donor Relationship Manager inputs donor data as it is received, report this data as requested and be able to analyze the data to inform fundraising strategies.
- Donor database – responsible for inputting and managing donor data in Salesforce and provides regular reporting as requested.
- Donor Recognition and stewardship – coordinates with the Grants and Contracts Manager and Accounting to create efficient and timely processes to ensure the smooth flow of donation processing.
Donor Cultivation and Recognition
The Donor Relationship Manager serves as the primary contact for communications by providing relevant and timely information on philanthropy, information about HomeSight, and donors and partners’ recognition.
- Collaborate with the Communications Manager to create a seamless process to recognize HomeSight major donors (logo attribution included) on HS website, social media platforms, and digital and print collateral, per their grant agreement.
COLLABORATION & OTHER DUTIES
- Complete all relevant job-related professional development and training opportunities needed to succeed in your role.
- Participate in HomeSight joint leadership/management meetings.
- Participate as a team member in assigned project activities, including representing HS at external meetings, and perform other tasks as assigned related to the Resource Development Team or HomeSight.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Two to five years of work experience relevant to job description.
- Willing to commit to and practice of racial equity and social justice.
- Periodic early morning, evening, and weekend hours will be required, and occasional travel should be expected.
HomeSight is an equal-opportunity employer with a very diverse staff. We seek to recruit, retain, and advance people of diverse backgrounds. We are committed to fostering and supporting a workplace culture inclusive of people regardless of race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, marital status, age, physical abilities, political affiliation, religious beliefs, or any other non-merit fact.
HomeSight is an equal-opportunity employer with a very diverse staff. We seek to recruit, retain, and advance people of diverse backgrounds. We are committed to fostering and supporting a workplace culture inclusive of people regardless of race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, marital status, age, physical abilities, political affiliation, religious beliefs or any other non-merit fact.