Current Job Openings
Reports to: Director of Lending Operations
Classification: Full-time, Exempt.
Loan Originator Base Salary $55,000 with minimum Incentives $64,600.
Potential compensation of $75,000 Plus
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, Long, Short term disability, Life Insurance and a 403B Retirement Plan. 10 days of annual vacation accrual, 13 paid holidays, 2 personal days, 80 hours of paid sick leave and an unlimited ORCA transportation pass.
HomeSight is a non-profit community development corporation committed to building strong, vibrant communities through homeownership, economic development, and neighborhood revitalization. We are a non-profit leader creating sustainable homeownership opportunities for low- and moderate-income families by developing affordable housing, providing first-time homebuyer education, and counselling, and making home loans to qualified buyers. We work closely with multicultural residents throughout the state of Washington to foster equitable economic development.
We are seeking a Loan Originator who is fluent in Spanish and has excellent customer service skills to work with customers underserved by mainstream lenders to join our lending team and grow our mortgage lending business in the LatinX market.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops relationships with realtors, brokers, builders, and developers to originate acceptable and well-documented residential mortgages.
- Participates in various business development activities.
- Contacts potential or existing customers to develop new business or retain existing business.
- Interviews applicants to collect information concerning their financial needs, objectives, and status. Obtains and analyses pertinent financial and credit data.
- Obtains all pertinent applicant generated information needed to ensure the prompt and efficient processing and funding of all loans.
- Maintains consistent communication flows throughout loan process, with all involved parties to ensure timely appraisals, credit decisions, funding and resolve issues and questions in a timely manner.
- Maintain thorough understanding and familiarity with program/product policies and procedures and continually provides accurate and updated information to customers and sources of business, including HomeSight purchase assistance, conventional, and FHA loans programs.
- Monitors new business to ensure conformity with investor standards.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Willing to obtain Loan Originator license through NMLS
- Bilingual English and Spanish
- General understanding of federal and state lending regulatory and compliance requirements.
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Highly organized with the ability to problem solve and prioritize workload.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
· Experience with FHA, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac mortgage products and underwriting guidelines, WSHFC (Washington State Housing Finance Commission) product lines preferred.
· Experience with Calyx and Desktop Underwriter
· Working knowledge of Sales force
· Current license as a Loan Originator through NMLS
· One or more years mortgage lending experience
HomeSight is an equal-opportunity employer with a very diverse staff. We seek to recruit, retain, and advance people of diverse backgrounds. We are committed to fostering and supporting a workplace culture inclusive of people regardless of race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, marital status, age, physical abilities, political affiliation, religious beliefs, or any other non-merit fact.
Please email your resume and cover letter (optional) to email@example.com
HomeSight is an equal-opportunity employer with a very diverse staff. We seek to recruit, retain, and advance people of diverse backgrounds. We are committed to fostering and supporting a workplace culture inclusive of people regardless of race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, marital status, age, physical abilities, political affiliation, religious beliefs or any other non-merit fact.